Sydney’s newest meeting spaces are some of its oldest buildings.
Tucked away in the historic quarter of North End Sydney, the Lyceum has been a traditional gathering spot for the region’s creative minds for over 100 years. During this time, the building has served as an opera house, theatre, cultural centre, university lecture rooms and now a community historical society. This rich history positions the Lyceum as one of the most unique, newly renovated meeting locations in the Cape Breton Regional Municipality.
- Accessible meeting space, comfortably accommodates 80 people in various settings including boardroom, round table or theatre style.
- Receptions and cocktail events typically accommodate 100 people.
- A more intimate setting can also be created for smaller groups or gatherings.
- Food and beverage arrangements are available with a fully equipped kitchen making catering stress-free.
- You will receive the dedicated attention of our staff that will ensure your meeting and event needs are not only met, but also surpassed.
St. Patrick’s Church Museum
St. Patrick’s Church, overlooking Sydney harbour, is a beautiful stone church an example of the pioneer gothic style. St. Patrick’s Church was built in 1828; the interior consists of hand hewn wooden beams, large lancet windows and the original high ceilings. There is a small, newly renovated kitchenette located at the rear of the building and newly renovated washroom facilities. St. Patrick’s Church Museum is available to rent for a wedding, small concert, book launch or a variety of uses.
If you are interested in renting the Lyceum or St. Patrick’s Church Museum please contact us today for booking and rate information. Our contact information:
Special Events Pricing
The Old Sydney Society rents out the church for weddings, commitment ceremonies, memorial services, and receptions. Civil ceremonies and ceremonies from various religious traditions are most welcome.
$400 per minimum four hour rental plus $75 per each additional hour ( including rehearsal times)
The seating capacity of St Patrick’s Church Museum is approximately 120.
For pricing for non-profit and private events contact the Old Sydney Society by phoning 902.539.1572 or by emailing email@example.com